Work at BNC
There are a number of ways you can support the activities at BNC
- Become a volunteer
- Become a member
Become a Volunteer
Many of our major programs and activities would not be possible without the help of our amazing volunteers.
If you would like to become a part of the team we’d love to talk to you about how you might like to become involved.
Here are a few ideas:
- Breakfast program helper - provide free breakfast to local primary and high school students to enable them to go to school having eaten a nutritious breakfast.
- Reception volunteer - work in our front office to greet all our visitors and help them with their enquiries.
- Volunteer tutors - Work with young people in a variety of programs including Links to Learning, the homework club, and after school sessions.
- Shop volunteers - help run the Illawarra Food Hub - Bellambi and ensure our whole community benefits from affordable food.
- Community Lunch volunteers - help set up, prepare, serve and clean up our important weekly community lunch catering for around 100 people a week.
- Gardener - support us in maintaining our beautiful outdoor spaces
- Bread Run - Collect bread that would otherwise end up in landfill from our fabulous partners at Bakers Delight. This bread is then used in centre programs.
- Committee member - use your skills set to help govern the centre and ensure its long term sustainability.
If you have more money than time, all donations over $2 are tax deductible (and will go towards helping the Bellambi community). A not-for-profit organisation Bellambi Neighbourhood Centre is endorsed as a deductible gift recipient.
Become a member
We welcome members to the association.
Membership application can me made by contacting the manager.
A volunteer committee made up of association members oversees the Bellambi Neighbourhood Centre.