Become Part of our Team
Become a volunteer.
Become an BNC Association Member.
Join our Community Engagement Group.
Become a Volunteer
Bellambi Neighbourhood Centre relies heavily on the unpaid work of volunteers and values their contribution highly. If you would like to become a volunteer at BNC please contact the centre for further information. If you would like to become a part of the team we’d love to talk to you about how you might like to become involved.
Some areas of Volunteering are:
- Breakfast program helper - provide free breakfast to local primary and high school students to enable them to go to school having eaten a nutritious breakfast.
- Reception volunteer - work in our front office to greet all our visitors and help them with their enquiries.
- Shop volunteers - help serve our community in the Bellambi Pantry and ensure our whole community benefits from affordable food.
- Community Lunch volunteers - help set up, prepare, serve and clean up our important weekly community lunch catering for around 80 people a week.
- Gardener - support us in maintaining our beautiful outdoor spaces
- Bread Run - Collect bread that would otherwise end up in landfill from our fabulous partners at Bakers Delight. This bread is then used in centre programs.
- Fundraising Group - Join our fundraising group in various fundraising activies throughout the year.
- Community Engagement Group - Community memebrs are invited to be part of our Community Engagement Group that meets the third Friday of each month at 9.30am.
- Board member - use your skills set to help govern the centre and ensure its long term sustainability.
If you would like to donate to BNC all donations over $2 are tax deductible (and will go towards helping the Bellambi community). A not-for-profit organisation Bellambi Neighbourhood Centre is endorsed as a deductible gift recipient.
Become a BNC Association Member
We welcome members to the Association.
Membership application forms can be obtained from this link or from the centre .
A volunteer Management Board made up of association members oversees the governance of the Bellambi Neighbourhood Centre.
Community Engagement Group
Our Community Engagement Group meets at the centre the third Friday of each month at 9.30am. The group is open to all community. It is a great opportunity each month for Board members, BNC staff and community members to come together in a relaxed environment to discuss community needs and concerns, share information and bring forward ideas to enhance the community.